4 ways to treat knee problems and injuries at home.
For the first 48 hours after an injury, avoid things that might increase swelling, such as hot showers, hot tubs, hot packs, or alcoholic beverages.
After 48 to 72 hours, if swelling is gone, apply heat and begin gentle exercise with the aid of moist heat to help restore and maintain flexibility. Some experts recommend alternating between heat and cold treatments.
#1 Compression will help ease the swelling, so wrap the injured area with a bandage or something that will press lightly on the area. Signs that the bandage is too tight include numbness, tingling, increased pain, coolness, or swelling in the area below the bandage. Remember that the compression will not stabilize the injury. You shouldn’t keep the wrap on for more than 72 hours; if the swelling does not subside you need to contact your heath provider.
#2 Rest and handle the area with care as it might be really sore. You may gently rub the area to increase blood flow, but if it is too painful, stop. Take a break from all the activities that might cause the pain to be aggravated
#3 Elevate the injured or sore area on pillows while applying ice and anytime you are sitting or lying down. Try to keep the area at or above the level of your heart to help minimize swelling.
#4 Ice will reduce pain and swelling. Apply ice or cold packs immediately to prevent or minimize swelling. Apply the ice or cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes, 3 or more times a day.
Call your doctor if any of the following occur during home treatment:
• Signs of infection develop.
• Numbness, tingling, or weakness develops.
• Your knee, lower leg, or foot becomes pale or cool or looks blue.
• Symptoms do not improve with home treatment.
• Symptoms become more severe or frequent.
Flexadrin GOLD™ is safe for diabetics and patients with seafood allergies.BUY NOW
- About Celadrin
- About Joint Pain
- About Arthritis
- About Inflammation
- How to reduce inflammation Naturally
- Exercises To Alleviate Arthritis Pains And Stiffness
- Why Is Flexibility So Important?
- Super Foods For Arthritis
- Warning Signs of Over Exercising
- What is Celadrin
- Why not try Yoga
- Ever considered the side effects of energy drinks
- Stress hormones also cause the muscles to tighten up.
- 4 ways to treat knee problems and injuries at home.